Geographic Information System
The City of Carlsbad's geographic information system serves the geographic information needs of all city departments and Carlsbad residents. See the tab "Data and services" for a list of useful maps in pdf that can be downloaded and either printed out, or viewed online.
A number of GIS layers are available to the public and business community in digital format upon request. These layers are focused on general location and development information, including:
- general plan land use,
- local facility management zones, and
- habitat conservation and preserve areas.
Please contact the GIS department for details on how to acquire these data sets.
An on-line interactive map is available to find out property characteristics for parcels, such as zoning, general plan land use, acreage, assessed values, school districts, etc. The database can be searched by assessor parcel number, street address, or by navigating through the map to a location of interest. See the tab "Interactive map" to access the map service.
The following is a list of maps that are available for download, or to be printed out on a large-format plotter. Other custom-made maps can be made upon request to the GIS department, charged on a time-and-materials basis.
- Street Index Map (36"x48", 1.9 megabytes) [StreetIndexMap.pdf] This map portrays the street network in Carlsbad, with a street listing indexed to a grid on the map for easy lookup of street locations.
- General Information Map (36"x60", 9.6 megabytes) [GeneralInformation.pdf] This map shows a variety of features, including San Diego County Assessor parcel lines, public property, City of Carlsbad facilities, and more.
- Combination Zoning and General Plan Land Use (36"x60", 1.3 megabytes) [ZoningGPLU.pdf] This map shows in two panels the current zoning designations in the city, as well as the land use element of the City's General Plan.
In addition to serving the GIS needs of the City of Carlsbad staff, the GIS department also is able to provide services to the public and business community, charged on a time-and-materials basis. Please see the City of Carlsbad Fee Schedule for costs associated with these services, then contact the GIS department regarding specific data and/or product needs.
The interactive e-zoning map provides information for San Diego County Tax parcels within Carlsbad, including zoning and general plan designations, acreage, assessed land and improvements values, and any special overlay zones that modify zoning requirements. The database can be searched by entering an address or an assessor parcel number (APN), or browsing the map to find a specific location. To access the map, go to the Maps page and click on the E-zoning link, or click the Online Services tab on the Help page, and click on the Property info link.