Grants and Assistance
The City of Carlsbad offers a wide variety of grants and assistance programs, from supporting the arts to providing help with affordable housing.
- The Agricultural Conversion Mitigation Fee Program offers a great opportunity for organizations and individuals to bring to fruition an agricultural, coastal or wetland project that has so far remained a dream, due to lack of funding. The city accepts grant applications on an intermittent basis as funding becomes available.
- The Carlsbad Library and Arts Foundation has an endowment fund to support programming the Ruby G. Schulman Auditorium at the Carlsbad City Library.
- Community Activity Grants support programs than enhance the quality of life for city residents
- Community Arts Grants help city arts organizations, artists, and community and educational groups provide cultural and artistic opportunities for city residents.
- Community Development Block Grants, also referred to as CDBG grants, provide grants to cities and counties to develop viable urban communities through the provision of decent housing, a suitable living environment and by expanding economic opportunities for low and moderate income persons
- Housing grants and loans offered through the state and federal government help with down payments, minor home repairs and more.
- Opportunity Grants provides access to recreation programs for families that may not otherwise be able to afford it.
- Special Events Grants support special events of citywide interest.
- Winning Team Grants provide funding for youth teams to offset the cost of travel expenses to national competitions.