The city clerk is elected to a four year term and serves as a part-time official.
Records Management staff is responsible for support services and the day-to-day operations of the office.
The city clerk's office is responsible for the following major functions:
- serves as the custodian of records
- election administration
- minutes preparation and indexing
- agenda preparation
- legal noticing and publishing
- administering campaign disclosures of economic interest
- coordinates public records requests
- provides certified copies of city documents
- receives appeals to the City Council. Please call 760-434-2808 for information regarding appeal fees and appeal forms.
- administers oaths, receives and records petitions, claims against the city and lawsuits
- provides research and information services to the public and city personnel