Arts Education Committee
The Arts Education Committee gathers and exchanges information regarding arts-in-education issues, so that members can become effective advocates for arts programs in the City of Carlsbad schools and community.
Membership consists of:
- Arts manager
- Arts commissioners
- Arts education coordinator
- Community members
- PTA representatives
- School district representatives
Members meet four times during the school year. Members vary each year. The Cultural Arts Office recommends that each school serving city residents has a teacher and representative.
- Providing topical information about arts education and helping the committee to network with other supports to ensure arts education opportunities to all individuals
- Providing a venue to foster support for arts education
- Providing community members, school representatives and parents with current information on what should be the focus in arts education within the City of Carlsbad and what can be done for future development
- Producing ArtsBrag, a quarterly publication distributed to all schools, teachers and members
- Developing an on-going dialogue with community members, teachers, administrators and parents