Businesses with effective emergency response plans are better able to mitigate the impact of disaster and continue business operations.
Key elements of business preparedness
Prepare or obtain office first aid and emergency kits
Arrange for sufficient food, water and sanitation
Develop and practice facility evacuation routes
Develop business communications plans and meeting points
Understand facility utility shut-off and facility hazard avoidance
Safe storage of business, insurance and other vital records
Local resources for disaster planning
- Business disaster planning and preparedness is a strategic priority of the Carlsbad Chamber of Commerce.
- Carlsbad Community Business Preparedness Workshops - A semi-annual series of workshops geared toward promoting Carlsbad business security practices and emergency preparedness. Contact Carlsbad Emergency Preparedness Coordinator at 760-931-2137 for additional information.
- Business Emergency Response Initiative - BERI is an annual workshop focusing on the Carlsbad, Oceanside and Vista tri-city area business emergency preparedness issues. Contact Tri-City Hospital director of public affairs 760-940-5337 for additional information.
- ReadySanDiego Business Alliance - A partnership between area businesses and the San Diego County Office of Emergency Services.
- ReadySanDiego - Partner Connection
Ready Carlsbad Business Alliance
When large-scale emergency incidents occur in Carlsbad and neighboring areas, local businesses are encouraged to visit Carlsbad’s Emergency Information page, as well as other resources, to stay informed.