FY 2013-14 (dates subject to change)
- Capital Improvement Program (CIP) Kickoff Meeting
- Operating revenue is projected for the General Fund
- City Council Goal Setting
- Set budget policies
- Capital project submittals by departments
- Operating Budget Kickoff with Budget Preparers
- CIP Committee reviews projects
- Growth projections completed
- Departments submit Operating Budget requests to Finance Department
- Finance Department analyzes and compiles the Operating Budget submittals
- CIP Funding Analysis
- Review and refine CIP with City Management
- City Manager's Team reviews Operating Budget
- Leadership Team – final review of CIP budget
- Leadership Team Operating Budget review
- Preliminary Operating Budget is sent to the printer
- CIP Budget Workshop: May 14 Council Meeting
- Operating Budget Workshop: May 28 City Council meeting.
- Citizens' Budget Workshop: May 30
- City Council adopts final budget, including: Operating Budget, Capital Improvement Program and Annual Spending Limitation: June 11
Citizens' Budget Workshop
This annual informal presentation is a wonderful opportunity to learn about the budget process. The City of Carlsbad staff will be available to answer questions and listen to comments about the city's proposed budget.
WHEN: May 30, 2013, at 6 p.m.
WHERE: Faraday Center
1635 Faraday Ave.
Carlsbad, CA 92008