Fees and Billing
Most City of Carlsbad fees can be paid in person at 1635 Faraday Ave. with the Cashier.
There is no alarm permit application fee at this time. Please complete and submit the alarm system permit application to City of Carlsbad, Finance Department.
- Allowed one, penalty-free false alarm activation in a one-year period.
- $30 penalty fee assessed for second false alarm activation within same one-year period.
- $60 penalty fee assessed for third and subsequent false alarm activations within same one-year period.
- If the second and subsequent false alarm activations are the result of a panic or robbery button, a penalty fee of $100 is assessed.
The purpose of the ordinance is to reduce the occurrence of false alarm activations, allowing city police officers to spend more time in other areas of public safety. Thank you for cooperating. Any questions, please call the city at 760-602-7555.
Facts every alarm user should know
The Finance Department contracts with Critical Care Specialty Billing to bill insurance companies, MediCal, and Medicare for necessary emergency ambulance services provided by firefighter/paramedics in the Fire Department to City of Carlsbad residents, visitors and businesses. Critical Care Specialty Billing also bills patients for insurance co-pays. Payment for services can be made either by mail or in person at Critical Care Specialty Billing.
Critical Care Specialty Billing
5050 Avenida Encinas, Suite 230
Carlsbad, CA 92008
Current ambulance rates
Base rate - resident
Base rate - non-resident
Mileage charge - per mile
Treat and release (assessment)
To pay or contest a parking citation
- To pay or contest your parking citation online
- To pay citations with credit card over the phone, customer must fill out a Credit Card Authorization form and fax back to the city at 760-602-8553, attn: Parking Citations.
- To pay in person, visit the cashier at the City of Carlsbad, 1635 Faraday Ave., Carlsbad, CA 92008.
- To pay by mail, send check or money order using the envelope provided with your ticket to:
City of Carlsbad
P.O. Box 2081
Tustin, CA 92781-2081
To contest parking citation
City and state parking ordinances are created to ensure the safety of visitors and residents alike, and as such will be strictly enforced within the City of Carlsbad.
To contest a parking citation, a request must be made to the Finance Department for a parking citation review within 21 days of issuance of the parking citation, or within 14 days of the mailing of the notice of delinquency. The three methods for starting this process are:
- By Phone - 760-602-2402 to request form be mailed.
- In Writing - complete the Parking Citation Request for Review.
- In Person - gather all supporting documentation and bring to the City of Carlsbad, Finance Department.
The completed Parking Citation Request for Review form, along with the original parking citation, must be returned to the city's Finance Department.
The Traffic Officer in the Police Department will review the citation, the issuing officer's statement of facts, and the statement to determine if the citation is valid.
- If the citation is determined to be invalid, a letter will be sent to applicant and the citation will be dismissed.
- If the citation is determined to be valid, applicant will be notified by mail. Applicant will then have two options:
- to pay the citation immediately
- or request an administrative hearing no later than 21 days following the mailing of the results of the review.
- Failure to comply in a timely manner with this requirement will result in waiver of applicant's right to further review of the citation.
- If an administrative hearing is requested, funds must be paid in the amount equal to the value of the citation including any penalties.
- To request a hearing, complete the Request for Neutral Examination of Parking Citation form and submit it to the Finance Department.
- If the administrative hearing determines the citation is valid, and applicant still wishes to contest the citation, they may go to the website shown below to request a court hearing:
- Request a court hearing (De Nova) in civil court and deposit a $25 fee.
- This request to the court must be made within 30 days of the mailing of the hearing examiner's decision.
- The court hearing will consist of a review of the facts presented at the administrative hearing.
- No new evidence can be submitted at the court hearing.
On occasion, a citation is issued to an individual who forgets to properly display a handicapped placard. The City of Carlsbad Police Department will dismiss the fee if the registered placard owner appears with the following documents:
- Handicapped placard
- Valid placard registration
- Valid California diver’s license or California identification
- Original citation
Bring or mail documents to :
City of Carlsbad
1635 Faraday Ave.
Carlsbad, CA 92008
Carlsbad Police Department
2560 Orion Way
Carlsbad, CA 92010