How it works
- The Carlsbad Housing Agency administers the federally-funded Section 8 Rental Assistance Program, which assists very low-income households by paying a portion of their monthly rent.
- The Carlsbad Housing Agency pays the monthly rental assistance payment directly to the owner or agent for the owner.
- Program participants pay their own security deposit and enter into a lease/rental agreement with the owner.
- The program is confidential.
- The program assists low-income households rent a unit that is rent reasonable and passes housing quality standards as defined by the Housing and Urban Development.