Skip navigation links
Mission Santiago

Mission Santiago3329 Roosevelt St.

Built in 1923 by Wesleyan Methodist missionaries James and Marjories Spencer and their parish, this structure is closely associated with the growth of Carlsbad’s Mexican-American community. Following the Mexican Revolution, many Mexican immigrants settled in the area and worked as farm labor. Although most were Catholics, some were Protestants in need of services offered in Spanish -- hence the construction of this church.