Skip navigation links
Beller House

Beller House1448 Forest Ave.

This house was built circa 1894 by Judge Alexander and Sarah Beller. A native of Michigan, Beller was part of the “Chicago Company” organized to settle the Green Valley area east of Encinitas. He purchased 43 acres in Carlsbad in the early 1890s where he ranched and his wife taught music. In 1915, Beller gave half his land to the South Coast Land Company in return for access to water for his ranch. He also served as one of the first members of the Carlsbad Sanitation District. The home served as the rectory for St. Michael’s Church from 1958 to 1967.