Skip navigation links
Ramsay House

Ramsay House1330 Chuparosa Way

Built in 1904 (architect unknown) and originally located at 2460 Olive St., this house and its surrounding property (including a 10-acre vegetable garden) was occupied for most of the 20th century by the Ramsay family, whose lives were closely linked to the building of St. Michael’s Episcopal Church. The Ramsays immigrated from Britain in 1890. Frederick Ramsay was also one of the organizers of the Carlsbad Vegetable Growers, a group of farmers engaged in dry farming before water was piped into the area.