Carlsbad City Library WWW links
The City of Carlsbad’s libraries (CCL) in furtherance of its Collection Development Policy (CDP) will provide links from its website to other non-CCL websites to support the library's goal of providing a wide range of information to the public. The WWW links are selected to enrich, broaden, and complement the print, audiovisual and online library materials. Staff librarians will recommend websites, consistent with the CDP, to the library Web Team for their informational and/or educational value. Government, non-profit, and commercial websites free from excessive marketing may be included. When commercial sites are listed, it is not for the purpose of promoting or endorsing those businesses or products, but rather because they offer useful information.
To be selected, websites must meet the following criteria:
• The site should contain information of use to library patrons and/or staff.
• Sites should provide content at no charge.
• Sites should originate from the creating or responsible institution, not a third party.
• The person or organization responsible for the site should be clearly identified and should be a reliable, unbiased source; and contact information should be provided.
• Material should be up-to-date.
• The site should be well organized and easy to use.
• Advertising should not be inappropriate or intrusive.
• The site does not promote or exhibit hate, bias, discrimination, pornography, nudity as defined by the Carlsbad Municipal Code § 11.28.020, alcohol, firearms, tobacco, or libelous or otherwise defamatory content
• The site does not promote a specific religious, political or social agenda.
Since non-CCL website content may change or disappear entirely without notice, the City of Carlsbad’s libraries are not responsible for the content or accuracy of any material found on any of these non-CCL websites. Library staff will use its best efforts to keep links current, but will encourage website visitors to inform the city webmaster or Library staff if they find a link that no longer functions or that is inconsistent with the above stated criteria. CCL Web Team members may remove links, without notice, consistent with this policy and the CDP.