Material donations and special gifts
Help build and enhance the library’s collection by donating materials or making a special gift.
Carlsbad City Library is pleased to accept books, magazines and audiovisual materials (DVDs, music CDs and audiobooks) that are in very good condition.
Staff will evaluate materials for use by the library. Materials the library cannot use will go to the Friends of the Carlsbad Library to sell in their bookstore and book sales.
The library is unable to accept:
- Books that are dirty or damaged
- Reader’s Digest Condensed books
- Encyclopedias more than 10 years old
- News magazines older than one month
- General magazines older than one year
- Computer and travel books older than five years
- Textbooks older than 10 years
- Computers, typewriters and other used office equipment
- Any other household items
Thanks for helping us manage our donations.
The library also maintains a current Amazon Wish List. Purchase these titles for us with the assurance that we really want a copy of that book. Books purchased for the library via our Amazon Wish List webpage will be mailed directly to us from Amazon and we will add them to the library collection.
Monetary donations may also be used to celebrate a special occasion or remember a loved one. If requested, a special bookplate will be placed in all items purchased with your donation. (PayPal donors: there is a small text box if you would like to direct your donation or be contacted for additional detail).
Let the library know:
• A general description of what to buy such as children's books, fiction, nonfiction, CDs, DVDs or audiobooks, e-books, etc.
• If the donated item(s) should go to Dove Library, Cole Library or the Library Learning Center
• If the donation is in memory or in celebration of someone
• Donor contact information including name, address and phone number (or email address if through PayPal).