Purpose of email communications
E-mail messages from the Parks & Recreation Department are “permission based,” meaning that the department only sends emails to individuals who have provided their e-mail address, and agreed to receive email communications from the Parks & Recreation Department. The department will never share, sell, or rent individual personal information with third parties for promotional use.
- E-mails from the Parks & Recreation Department may be sent to individuals with their permission for the following purposes:
- Notification of changes in programs or activities
- Notification of updates to documents posted on the city website (e.g. lap and recreation swim schedule, commission agendas and minutes)
- Communication regarding news, programs, activities and events related to Parks & Recreation
Emails from the Parks & Recreation Department will show firstname.lastname@example.org in the “From” line. Subject lines will identify the message as being related to Parks & Recreation.
How e-mail addresses are collected
- Website: links on www.carlsbadca.gov/parksandrec, or any other department Web page
- Registration: email address provided on registration form, or over the phone at time of registration.
- Program participation: email addresses collected at events or activities, on customer surveys or other forms related to participation.
Information submitted to the department is only available to employees managing this information for purposes of sending e-mails based on the recipient’s request(s) for information.
How to be removed from e-mail list
Each email sent contains an easy, automated way for recipients to cease receiving email from the department, or to change their expressed interests. To “unsubscribe” from the email list, use the links provided at the bottom of the email.
Participants may also indicate their preference not to receive emails by:
- Checking the appropriate box on the registration form
- Notifying any community center, the Senior Center or Monroe Street Pool by phone or in writing
- Sending an email to email@example.com with “Unsubscribe” in the subject line