Alga Norte Community Park Amenities
- Three lighted softball/baseball fields with a snack bar
- One lighted full basketball court and one half court
- Picnic areas with barbecues
- Playground with 100 percent universally accessible play equipment
As planned, the new aquatic center pools are designed for swim instruction, water sports, competitive training, water therapy and open play. View diagram of aquatic center design plans.
- A 56-meter competition pool with a bulkhead and viewing bleachers
- A 25-yard 12-lane swim instruction pool
- A warm water spa for adults
- A splash pad for children
- Heated main locker room/restrooms
- Meeting rooms
- Concessions area
This off-leash dog park is divided into areas for larger and smaller dogs, and include obstacle course-type play equipment. The dog park is approximately three times the size of the city’s existing Ann D. L’Heureux dog park.
Designed by Action Sports Design, the Alga Norte skate park accommodates a variety of ages and skill levels. The skate park is in the northeast corner of the park and will be lighted to extend its hours of use. The skate park at Alga Norte Community Park is larger than the Carlsbad Skate park, currently used by many local skaters.
The skate park includes a straight "street course" section, an area with challenging elements for more skilled skateboarders and a beginners’ area. The beginners’ area is located next to the playground, in response to community feedback requesting these two areas to be located close together to accommodate families with both older and younger children.