6565 Alicante Road
Carlsbad, CA 92009
The new 32-acre Alga Norte Community Park, located at the corner of Alicante Road and Poinsettia Lane, just east of El Camino Real, features a state of the art aquatic center, San Diego County’s largest skate park, a dog park with areas for small and large dogs, three ball fields, basketball courts, a huge playground, and picnic and barbecue areas. See a site map and watch a video.
- An aquatic center with a 56-meter competition pool, a 25-yard 12-lane instruction pool, a warm water spa for adults, 1 meter and 3 meter diving boards, a splash pad for children, a fitness room and concession stand
- Off-leash dog park with areas for large and small dogs, dog agility props and a dog training area. Click here to register for dog training classes. For information on dog birthday parties, call 760-602-7519.
- A lighted skate park for beginner and experienced skateboarders. Please note that bicycles and scooters are prohibited in the skate park. For skate classes and camp info, click here.
- A universally accessible playground with shade structures over the play equipment
- One lighted full basketball court and one half basketball court
- Three lighted multi-purpose ball fields with a snack bar
- Shaded picnic areas with barbeques
Carlsbad’s newest park offers activities for all ages. Visit www.carlsbadconnect.org to sign up for group and individual swimming lessons year round, aquatic camps, deep water boot camp, paddleboard pool yoga and diving classes. Dog owners can sign up for dog training and agility classes. The skate park will feature camps and clinics for beginner and experienced skateboarders. Adult sports leagues including softball and kickball are offered on the athletic fields. The city is also offering for the first time NFL flag football for boys and girls in grades K-8, as well as other youth sports programs.
Athletic field use
- Any organized athletic activity requires an approved facility use application, approved liability insurance, and payment of all applicable fees
- All requests for athletic field use must be submitted at least 30 days in advance
- For more information, please call 760-268-4784