Call 760-602-4650 for details on any of the programs below. All services free, until otherwise indicated.
AARP driving: Emphasizes how participants can adjust driving in response to aging. Each two-class session costs $12/AARP members, $14/non-AARP members. 3rd and 4th Thursdays.. Call 760-602-4650 for a reservation.
Blood pressure screening: Tuesdays, 8:30 to 11 a.m. No appointment necessary.
- Elder Law & Advocacy legal services: 1st Tuesdays, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Call 760-439-2535 x205 for an appointment.
- Hearing screening: 1st Wednesdays, 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. Drop-In.
- HICAP health insurance counseling: 2nd, 3rd and 4th Wednesdays, 1 to 4 p.m.; 4th Fridays, 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. Call 800-434-0222 for reservations.
- Individual dietary planning: 1st Thursdays, 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. Registered dietitian. Call for appointment.
- Transportation: Available for shopping and medical appointments for Carlsbad residents, age 60 and up, who can no longer drive. Small donation requested. Reservations required.