The City of Carlsbad respects the public’s right to peacefully gather and exercise their First Amendment rights. In turn, we ask the public to be aware of the laws and ordinances that help keep all those who live, work and play in Carlsbad safe and their property secure. Examples of these laws are:
- Curfew – The curfew in Carlsbad for those under the age of 18 is 11 p.m.
- Disturbing the Peace –Disturbing means, loud noises, fighting, offensive language and other means that disturb another’s peace.
- Vandalism – Vandalism includes defacing, damaging or destroying property.
- Littering – Littering means throwing, dropping, placing and depositing waste matter outside proper receptacles.
- Trespassing - Entering the land or property owned by another person without permission.
- Pedestrian on Roadway – Pedestrians may not be off the sidewalk or outside the crosswalks.
- Jaywalking – Pedestrians may not cross the streets outside the crosswalk.
To ensure the community of Carlsbad remains safe and secure, the City of Carlsbad Police Department enforces the law at all times.
If you witness a crime or suspicious activity, please call the Police Department, 24 hours a day, when it is taking place at 760-931-2197.