Carlsbad residents have the choice of 35, 64, or 96 gallon carts for trash, recycling and green waste. Residents can choose carts that are all the same size, or mix and match. The dimensions are as follows:
- 35-gallon cart=39”H x 20”W x 23”D
- 64-gallon cart=41.6”H x 26.7”W x 28”D
- 96-gallon cart= 45.7”H x 28.5”W x 33.7”D
What do the carts look like?
All carts have a base color of green and the lids are different colors based on the materials going inside the carts.
- Regular trash carts have a grey lid
- Recycling carts have a blue lid
- Green waste have a green lid
What happens if I change my mind about the cart size?
After July 1, residents who find that they need larger or smaller carts will have 90 days to request an exchange for a different size cart at no additional charge. One additional exchanges can be made after the 90 day window at no charge. Call Waste Management at 760-929-9400 to schedule the change.
- Residents can receive one trash cart and up to three recycling carts and three yard waste carts at the normal monthly rate.
- Trash, recyclables and yard waste are picked up on the same day.
- All material must fit into the cart with the lid closed.
- Carts must be placed 2 ft from cars or other objects and one foot away from other carts.
- Carts must be placed with the handle facing the curb.
- Carts must be clear of overhead obstructions.
- Carts should be placed out by 6 a.m. on collection day.